Saturday, November 24, 2012

An update

My last post was pretty dark. I have been so sick and tired of hurting! I went to the doctor last week and he gave me new meds (Lyrica) for my sciatic pain in my leg. So far I have been pretty impressed that I has been working. Right now my leg is hurting because I shopped all morning, and in turn I am paying for it now. I also didn't bring my purse... Which had the ibuprofen in it. Dang.
I also had an MRI last week and it was confirmed that I have a herniated disc in my lower back. The doc said he could see the nerve root being pinched, and that was what was giving me the sciatica. So I got a referral to the pain clinic, and on dec 4th I go in for an epidural. I have high hopes that this will help. I have been reading up on it and an epidural combined with physical therapy and not doing anything overly hard, that should help me heal.
If you prayed, thank you so much. I would have loved for the doctor to just fix me somehow... But this solution works well for now.

No comments: