Sunday, April 12, 2009

Epiphany

I have a thing where I feel an urge to always have supplies on hand. It doesn't matter what it is... just to have it on hand is enough. I have at least 6 months of toothpaste and toothbrushes in the closet. The same with other toiletries. I am pretty sure that I have at least three bags of peanut m&m's in my cupboard... for when I am going to make cookies. I have no plans for that... but I also have at least three bags of chocolate chips. For the same reason. Cat food... kitty litter... notebooks... paper... pens and pencils... note cards... Seriously. The list goes on.
This morning I was putting my easter candy in my backpack. I have a zip lock bag with chocolate in it for when I am working and having a hard time staying awake. My mom laughed at me and said I was a horder just like my dad. I have been thinking about that comment all day, and then it dawned on my why I have a compulsive need to always have things on hand. Did I mention that I buy it when it is on sale? My dads parents are from the depression era. My grandma saved everything and always has what she needs on hand.
Its totally a genetic thing and not at all my fault. At least that is what I am going to keep telling myself.

No comments: