Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swine Flu

I think all of the hype about the "swine flu" is getting rediculous. I did think that I had it for about ten seconds last week when I was sick, but I quickly came to my senses and realized that it was all allergies.
Anyway. I really like the journalists who are being calm and rational about all of this and saying to to worry, and you can tell that they are in fact not worried. I was listening to A Prairie Home Companion the other day and they had some great jokes about it all. Then when I was still listening to that station they were talking about "swine flu" and were even more blase about it all. I love that. There is no reason to think that we are going to get it, as this is allergy season and there are going to be plenty of people with just allergy colds that are now scared they are going to get this "horrible" flu.
And now because pork shares were down and people refusing to eat said pork, they changed the name, to H1N1. Is it just me or does that sound like a robot? I have since been saying R2D2 flu just to throw people that much more off and/or make them that much more paranoid.
I am okay with that, however I am not ok with people thinking they need to wear masks. They just look silly and they are not really avoiding anything at all.
I suppose that I am done with my rant.
Have a nice day!

No comments: