Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have a confession

I always made fun of country music.
I thought it was a bunch of hicks singing about their tractors and beer.
Sometimes it is.
But it is so much more.
I am so sorry.  I should never have been so harsh.
It was a slow take over.
It started with Carrie Underwood.  Mostly because she had the same name as me.
Then Taylor Swift started creeping in...  But she was so mainstream that I didn't really notice.
Then The Band Perry.
That was the final straw.
I started listening to a local country station.  It was preset in my car.
Then there was another one preset.
Don't get me wrong, I still listen to the top 40 type music, but I have added to my repertoire of late.  I can not tell you how hard it was to figure out how to spell repertoire.  I still didn't use it in quite the right context, but it will have to suffice.
I can now listen to the country stations and tell you who it is singing... as long as it is a popular song.
It's weird.
I'm changing.
Whoulda thought?

No comments: